Identifying the risks
The causes of type 2 diabetes are all related to modern lifestyle. When your diet is full of empty calories and abundance of quickly absorbed sugars, liquid calories and refined carbohydrates, your cells slowly become resistant or numb to the effects of insulin and need more and more to keep our blood sugar levels balanced. This problem is known as insulin resistance. A high insulin level is the first sign of a problem, and unfortunately, most doctors never test for this. Yet, type 2 diabetes is among the most prevalent metabolic diseases in the world, affecting over 400 million people.
Thankfully, with expert care and advice, type 2 diabetes can usually either be prevented, managed or even eversed so that a person can continue to lead a normal life.
Our comprehensive check-up for diabetes and high blood sugar is extremely effective in identifying risk factors, regardless of your age or background. It involves the widest range of tests to diagnose diabetes and hyperglycaemia (abnormally high blood glucose). The tests typically include the following:
- Patient history and clinical examination: interview with a specialist to discuss your medical history, including any known risks or relevant lifestyle factors.
- Blood glucose and insulin testing, including: fasting plasma glucose, oral glucose tolerance test, insulin level measurement and HOMA index calculation.
- Cardiovascular respiratory system testing, including: electrocardiogram, pulmonary function test and cardiovascular risk calculation.
- Ophthalmological testing, including: cognitive sight test, eye pressure test and ophthalmoscopy.
- Bio-resistance analysis: body composition assessment, body mass index and waist-to-hip ratio.
- Liver, kidney and thyroid function: laboratory analysis of blood, stool and urine samples to check organ functions, blood glucose and fat level, and blood count – with over 40 values.
- Medical imaging, including: abdominal ultrasound, carotid ultrasound and thyroid ultrasound.
- Risk analysis: calculation of individual risk score of developing diabetes.
- Bio-R assessment: Biomolecular Restoration (Bio-R) is our unique, holistic medical approach to rebalance the body`s biochemistry, which can help prevent the development of diabetes-related diseases. This assessment allows you a first evaluation and to get to know our special Biomolecular Restoration Programmes.
For information on our diabetes check-up, please contact us.
To schedule a check-up, please complete our confidential registration form, sign it and then forward it to us by email or by fax (+ 41 44 212 11 01).
Cancellation and postponements
Any cancellations or postponements must be communicated at least two business days before the appointment, otherwise a cancellation fee will apply. Any cancellations or postponements that are communicated to us within 24 hours prior to an appointment will incur a charge of 50% of the relevant total amount. Any special service or additional concierge medicine charge are subject to special conditions, please speak to us for more information.
We ask patients with international insurance to please clarify the scope of their coverage prior to treatment in order to establish the level of coverage to which they are entitled.
Language interpreter services
If you do not speak English or German, we will gladly organise an interpreter for you upon request. The additional cost of this service is usually around 120 CHF per hour, depending upon the language involved and other factors (e.g. the time of your appointment).
Terms and conditions
By paying, you agree to the terms and conditions stated on our website.